Tuesday, March 16, 2010

15 month well visit

Today Blake had his 15 month well visit. I took a few pictures while we were there, but have not uploaded them yet. I will do that this evening! 1st off….he was a spitfire the whole time. Thank GOD that my mother was there with me, b/c I could not have handled him on my own! He was squirmy and wiggly and the doc could barely do her check up. On top of that he bit me!! YES….bit me. For the first time…and it hurt!
His stats:
Weight 21.8 (10th percentile)
Height 31.5 (50th percentile)
Head circumference 18.5 (50th percentile)
Since he isnt gaining much weight the doc wants us to try one bottle of PediaSure a day. Hopefully that will give him the extra calories that he needs to put on some weight! What a little peanut. I told her that we do feed him….he just runs around constantly!!
He got three shots and screamed like a maniac…I suppose now that he is getting older more of that is a show and less is actually from pain.

She put him on Zyrtec (1.5 ml 1/day) for his allergies. I pray that that clears up his congestion, watery eyes, etc. Poor kid has been on 3 antibiotics and has been sick since January. I hope that this works!
We also have to treat his red cheeks with a Hydrocortisone cream and Aveno cream. She thinks that the redness may be from allergies too!!

Poor kid…if he is suffering from allergies this bad I sure do hope that he grows out of it all!! I hear that Ryan had pretty bad allergies as a kid, but now doesn’t suffer much at all from allergies (fingers crossed for Blake!).
Photobucket

12 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

Love the tub pictures! I use Aveeno or Cetaphil lotion on our kids because 2 of them have a little bit of eczema, and it works great on their skin!

Amber said...

Aww, I hope his allergies clear up! I know they are a pain!

Cute tub pics!

The Undomestic Mom said...

So cute!!! Hope his allergies get better--no fun!

In This Wonderful Life said...

so cute! and his little hair is so fun!

Mama B said...

Awww, poor Blake! I hope the Zyrtec and cream works for the lil guy!

Ashley said...

He's so cute! :)
I can't believe Miss K's head was 17.5 @ 4months - ha! Our nurse looked at us and said "WAAYYYYYYYY off the charts!!!" I guess she was right! Ha!

Hoping Mr Blake's allergies clear up! And, FAST!!!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Haha, one day he's not going to be very happy about you posting his bathtub photos on your blog!
Hooray for the internet :)
I hope his allergies get better. Poor kid!

Molly said...

Poor guy with the allergies! I used to be a nurse in an allergist office and it was heartbreaking to see those little buggers. :(

Hope the Zyrtec helps!

Mrs. Mama said...

I couldn't stop smiling during these pictures. Just made my heart melt!

Hopefully his allergies clear up soon!

Jessica said...

Cute pictures! Bath pics are always the best! I hope all his allergies clear up soon. Bless his little heart!

alanna said...

but he is SO cute!! i love that last pic the best!! and i'm glad you're maybe finding out how to help clear up his allergies; hopefully he'll be doing better in no time!

Jenna said...

So cute in the tub! 15months, omg that is crazy! Grady will be 2 on April 1st, it's like where does time go! I hope his allergies clear up, that is not fun especially for such a little guy :(

Have a great weekend!