Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Growing, growing, growing....

Olivia Kay is 2 years and 1 month old today.

First off, I can’t believe that my baby girl is 2.  It seems like just yesterday we were bring the sweet little pink bundle home from the hospital.  Today she is EVERY bit a two year old.

She is in to everything.  I do not remember these “terrible two’s” with Blake.  He was always a pretty well behaved toddler.  Liv is another story.  She is a spit-fire, and you cannot turn your head for one minute.

For example…on Saturday I was upstairs and Ryan and the kids were downstairs.  In a matter of no time at all, she climbed on the kitchen island, put the drain in the bar sink, turned on the water, and started flooding the kitchen.  It is always something with her!

She isn’t ALWAYS bad…she can be the sweetest, cuddly, loveable little thing around.  It makes it hard to be mad at her because she is so darn cute.

She still isn’t potty trained, but we are getting closer I think.  It is probably more my fault than hers…I need to take the time and really focus on it for a few days.

She also isn’t sleeping through the night…again, probably my fault.  I have tried to go with the cry-it-out method…but I have such a hard time.  I can’t lay there and sleep while she is crying…so it is quicker and easier for me to just get up, go in there, and sooth her.  I am working on it though…

Her vocabulary is growing like crazy.  She talks and talks.

She was in the 25th percentile for weight and 65th percentile for height at her 2 year well visit.  She did much better at the doctor this time…maybe her fears are starting to fade. 

She is OBSESSED with all thing “baby” (real and dolls).

Her hair is getting so long!  She is in 24 month and 2T clothing.

She will eat anything that you put in front of her…and she would eat all day long if we let her!

We just LOVE this little beauty beyond words…but I will admit, this is a HARD age.




~Love you Livi Kay!!~

No comments: