Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - Olivia Update

It's time again for another What I'm Loving Wednesday hosted by Jaime!


Today I am loving one thing above all else...and that is the fact that I am home with my healthy little Olivia!
We did NOT think that we would be home today...and that she would be as healthy as she is! We were scheduled for her second surgery yesterday at 1:30. Poor thing had her last bottle at 7:30 and we packed up and headed to the U of M Children's Hospital. It was all a little too familiar this time. BUT, I was a little more at ease knowing the routine.

The poor thing is just starving before heading in there! She just doesn't understand why we aren't feeding her!

We checked into the hospital at 12:30 and waited in pre-op until 1:30. During that time we met with the nurses, anesthesia, residents, and our surgeon. Everything was the same as last time. The paperwork was drawn up just as last time....scary to read because they put ALL possible procedures on there.

She is up to 10 lbs. 13 oz. Still a peanut for a 4.5 mo. old....but she is growing!!

At about 1:35 they took her back. Saying goodbye and good luck is the hardest part.

My mom and dad came down and brought Blake. We were so thankful to have them there!
We all waited together in the surgery waiting room.

In about 30 (!!) minutes the doc came up and said that she looked FINE! NO issues....he didn't even have to operate. AWESOME news!

SO, she was only in there for about 45 mins. and then Ryan and I were able to go into the post-op area and see her. She was very upset and uncomfortable at first. I think that it was mainly hunger!

She was able to eat and they have her morphine for pain. That really helped. She was groggy from being put under and sore from having a breathing tube and whatnot.
Within a couple of house we were headed HOME! Such an awesome feeling, especially after they had prepared us and reserved a PICU room for us. We had packed out clothes to be there for awhile.

It was great sleeping at home last night. Liv had a great night and has been great so far today. I am still in awe of this little peanut. She is such a trooper!

We go back again in 2-3 months for a follow-up...but NOT in the operating room...just in the docs office! HOORAY :)

I have to admit that before the surgery I tried to act strong and positive...but in the back of my head I was always thinking the worst....I just worried 'what if they get in there and the mass is back and bigger'....as a mother, I am sure that thinking the worst is natural...you can imagine how relieved I feel now!!



Photobucket

22 comments:

Libby! said...

Great Post! loving it.. Stopped by from WILW! thanks for sharing what you're loving!

Danielle said...

that is great news to hear!! yay prayer works :)

Keli said...

So happy for you guys! Tiny girls are the cutest!

Jamie said...

Thanks for playing along :)

I'm so glad to hear she's doing okay!

Jessica said...

I am so glad everything is great now!! YAY!

Joeylee said...

glad to hear everything is ok. she is a cutie

TLF said...

So glad it's all great news!!

Kit said...

So glad you got great news! What awesome things you are loving today! Hope you had a great Wednesday!

TheFitHousewife said...

So glad to hear such great news!

Heather said...

This is such wonderful news :)!

Shelley said...

That's great!! What a relief!!

Erin said...

so so so glad for such great news. truly amazing!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

You should be proud of yourself for staying strong as I cannot imagine seeing your sweet you sweet little one go under.

Megan Ashley said...

Great news! What a pretty little princess you have there!

Ashley said...

I'm so so happy y'all got such great news! Definitely many prayers answered!

Raven said...

Ok so I totally got all caught up on your little Olivia. YAY for her being home! And I will definitely keep her in my prayers. It's so sad when our kids are hurting and there is nothing we can do to help. I will be back soon looking for a good update!

Unknown said...

Oh Annie, I am so glad that everything went so well! I sent lots of prayers up for you and your sweet girl!

Heather said...

awesome news! she is just so precious! God is so good!

Mama B said...

That's GREAT news, Annie!! I'm so glad to hear Olivia is doing so well! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so happy everything went well! She looks adorable in her dress!

undomestic mama said...

I almost cried reading this! I'm SO happy she's doing well.

Candice said...

That is beyond awesome. I am so thrilled for your family!!