Monday, August 9, 2010

Gender Reveal

We had a gender reveal party yesterday for our families….although it wasn’t much of a party….ha, just our immediate family (minus my sis b/c she is in CO). The whole plan of us trying to keep a secret didn’t last long. We had the U/S back on July 29h. The nurse wrote the sex in an envelope and sealed it up. I was still contemplating keeping it a surprise the whole time…WELL, that lasted about 1 hour! We went to lunch and talked about the pro’s and con’s of knowing vs. not knowing. Poor Ryan was like a 5 year old on Christmas morning….he just could NOT wait!

SO….when we got home I told him that he could open it. I wanted him to do it so I could watch the reaction on his face. He opened it, was stone solid, put the paper back in, opened it again…and just handed it to me….so I STILL had NO CLUE.

I opened it to read….

“It’s a Girl!”
You could have blown me over with a feather. I was pretty convinced it was a boy…so I was SUPER surprised and excited to read girl!!

We then waited about a week and a half before telling anyone else. It was hard, but wanted to tell our families first….and now we did…the word it out and we are THRILLED to be having a girl to add to our family!
I do have some pictures from yesterday...and I will type up some details of the gender reveal to post later this week. Of course our families are both very excited and anxiously anticipating a new baby girl :)

Blake is now saying "sissy" and it is music to my ears!! He has quite the lisp going on when he says it...and it is just so darn cute!! He is going to be such a good big brother.

(all pictures from www.weheartit.com)


Photobucket

35 comments:

nicole said...

congrats! that is so exciting! little girls are precious :)

Brandi said...

I have already told you Congrats on Twitter but Congrats again. Landon calls my sister sissy and he says it so cute. I am sure Blake will be a great Big Brother.

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh!! How cute! Congratulations! Now you will have one of each!! :-)

Marian said...

Awww, how perfect!! That is such great news. CONGRATS

Keli said...

YAY!! girls are so sweet!! one of each!!!

undomestic mama said...

Congrats Annie, that's so exciting!

jenn said...

how exciting!!! CONGRATS!!! that is so cute, blake saying sissy

New Mommy!!! said...

Congratulations!!!!


I am so glad that you are having a girl!!!


You will love all the little girl things. You beign a girly girl, you will just LOVE it!!

I am loving these pics! I love Flkr, you can find so many beautiful pictures. I LOVE that people share these beautiful images with us. It fills my life with such inspiration, beauty, and joy! Thanks ofr sharing them!

Jamie said...

How exciting!! I had a feeling it was going to be a girl :)

Francis said...

That is soo EXCITING!!! Congratulations! Girls are so much fun to dress up, and they have so many cute things for them out there! Im so happy for you and your family :)

Samantha said...

Yay!! I feel like everyone I know has been having boys lately; it's about time there was a little girl! You'll have to keep us posted on all the cute baby stuff you find now that the cat's out of the bag. :-)

Sammy said...

Congratulations!! :)


Now you will have one of each! :)

Scientific Housewife said...

I love gender reveals and I'm glad ya'll decided to find out because that is so exciting!

Mama B said...

Awwwww, little girls are just the cutest!! Congrats, Annie! :)

Jessica said...

Awwwww congratulations! He will be such a great big brother!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME! congrats to you and hubs! now u've got a prince and a princess!

Neely said...

YEAHHHHHH! Congrats Annie! Im so happy for you 3! You will love having one of each Im sure and I bet Blake will be a great big bro :)

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! A little girl!! :)

Heather said...

How exciting!!! Congrats on the little girl :)!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aww congrats! That's so exciting! I totally want to do something fun like this when I get there too! Love the stone cold face your hubby had to make :)

Kristen said...

Congrats! How fun, I bet you can't wait to start shopping for pink!

Lift Like A Mom said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats to you and your family!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats..that is so awesome. Girls are so fun!

Erin said...

love those pictures you put up. So happy its a girl and can't wait to see pictures from the party. I so want to go a gender reveal if we have another.

love that he is saying sissy :)

Miss Chelsea said...

Ooh yay! She's going to be a dollbaby!!

Stephanie said...

YAY!!!!!! Girls are awesome! How in the world did he stay straight faced? My husband broke down the minute I told him Allie was a girl - but then again he had been through 3 boys too :)

TLF said...

How exciting!!
Congrats on your baby girl!

Heather said...

A GIRL!!!!!! YAY!!!! That is so exciting Annie, so happy for you guys!

Shannon said...

So exciting! Little girls are so much fun! Of course that's all I know as of now...you'll gonna love shopping for her!

Candice Pair said...

I dont know how I missed this! Thats sooo exciting! You're gonna love it!

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! One of each! Perfect!

Jordan said...

I know I already told you on Twitter, but congrats again! So excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! Congratulations!

Just Add Walter said...

YAY!! I had a feeling it was a girl!! :) I am so excited for you guys!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Congratulations! You are going to love having a little girl!!!