Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful

I am not sure if I am just really overwhelmed lately….or busier than normal…or just stressing out (probably a combination of all three). It could just be that I am running on minimal sleep, because my one and three years old STILL do not sleep at night. Blake is the worst now. I think that it is karma repaying me for bragging about what a good sleeper he used to be. He is up anywhere from 2-5 times per night. Liv was up 4 times last night. I feel nocturnal.

I keep repeating to myself…this is just a phase, just a phase, just a phase….

Anywho, in the midst of it all, I just want to say that I am thankful for my MOM. She watches the kids on Tuesdays. I know that it is not an easy task. I mean seriously, they are 3 and 1. Both needy, fighting for attention, testing limits, etc. I know what a long day it can be with them (don’t get me wrong I LOVE them more than life itself…but it’s just a trying ‘phase’). My kids are both obsessed with my mom and LOVE when she comes over. And so do I….not only does my mom care for my kids on Tuesdays….but she also cleans my house, and sometimes even makes dinner. And I get to rest a little more in the a.m., since I am just getting myself ready (not the extra 2 for daycare).

So, I just want to say TAHNKS MOM for all that you do….we really appreciate it! And we love you.

1 comment:

Julie S. said...

I have been feeling this way lately, too. Brayden started getting up at all hours of the night, so our pediatrician recommended giving him a 3mg tablet of melatonin an hour before bed. After a couple of days, his sleep schedule evened out a bit- yay! My mom does a TON for us, too- I am so thankful for her. It's a huge blessing. Hang in there!