Monday, March 28, 2011

Short night….

Or long night…..not quite sure how to categorize this one. Let’s just say, we didn’t get much sleep last night!!

We decided to make Blake’s bed into a toddler bed yesterday. Probably a very silly move on our behalf on a Sunday night. We should have done this on Friday. Oops! This isn’t the 1st time that we have tried this. When we moved Blake over to the big-boy room and made the nursery into Olivia’s room before she was born we made Blake’s crib into a toddler bed. He did OK the first few nights, but then decided that he wanted to sleep in Olivia’s crib. Probably a combination of it being his old room, and a crib. He was just much more comfortable there. We decided to convert his bed back into a crib…a new room AND a new bed was maybe too much all at once. Well, now he is used to his room, and a big boy…so we thought that this was a good time to go back to the toddler bed. This is how last night went:


7:40 Blake in bed and sleeping right away (Ryan and I though…awesome, this is too easy!)

8:30 Olivia in bed

10:00 Ryan and Annie in bed

11:30 Olivia up to eat

12:00 Blake whining in bed (rub his back and back to sleep)

12:30 Blake whining in bed (rub his back and back to sleep)

1:00 Blake whining in bed (rub his back and back to sleep)

2:00 Blake whining in bed (rub his back and back to sleep) (at this point I was JUST about ready to bring my pillow in his room and sleep on the floor)

2:30 Olivia up to eat

4:00 Blake, standing by my bed…”is Mouse on?”….”No Blake, it is too early for Micky Mouse”…waaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaaa


4:20 Olivia up to eat


4:40 Ryan's alarm off

5:30 Blake FINALLY sleeping again

6:30 Annie's alarm off…snooze

6:45 Olivia up to eat

7:00 Get in shower….LATE

7:30 Blake up and out of bed by himself

8:30 out the door to daycare/work 30 minutes LATE


SOOOO….as you can see not much sleep. We are NOT going back to a crib for Blake, so hopefully this transition doesn’t last long. Olivia used to wake up just once at about 4:00 before her surgery. Now she is up every couple of hours. Since we are really trying to get her to put in weight, I can’t complain right now….but I am hoping that this is just a phase as well. This mama needs some sleep!!

It’s a good thing that they are so cute :)

Liv playing under her play gym...she gets the BIGGEST kick out of it!


Blake sporting his new winter coat from nana and papa...this was supposed to be for NEXT year...but at this rate it may not fit!!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! Hopefully he will sleep better tonight so you can, too!! Xoxo

Jessica said...

Bless your heart! I've definitely had nights like that before too. I know it was hard for you to get to work this morning! Hopefully tonight will be much better for everyone!

ty said...

You exhausted me just from reading this!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh wow, I feel so bad for you. Lack of sleep is just terrible. I sure hope that he gets better at not getting up. Your right though, maybe if you can get both kids sleeping more at night they won't wake each other up? Its worth a good try.

I hope things get better.

Mrs. Mama said...

oh man mama, that sounds rough! poor little man, hopefully he will get used to it.. SOON! love the pics :)

undomestic mama said...

Oh man! Hopefully he gets used to the bed really soon, I know how precious sleep is!

The Undomestic Mom said...

oh no I hope you get some rest! xoxo

Shelley said...

Wow, that's rough! I hope tonight goes better for you guys!!

TheFitHousewife said...

Awww...sorry to hear about your sleepless nights, those are hard. I hope you get some rest tonight!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMgosh Annie. I haven't been here in so long. Shame on me for missing all the stuff with your sweet livy. She is precious. I am so glad that she did so well with her surgery. Happy late birthday to your hubs and Happy late anniversary to you both. Love seeing all the detroit tiger gear on your hubs. I forgot that we live in the same state :)
I hope you get some rest tonight.
Mimi

Chelle & My boys said...

hey sweet girl I am feeling tired, starting to nest lol.. not much longer, middle of next month :) You're my scentsy giveaway winner I went ahead and picked tonight :) So if you could go to the webpage and pick what 2 scents you want to try that would be great.. I love baked apple pie and mocha doodle but email me michelle_allen05@hotmail.com Thanks Girl :)

Erin said...

oh no hopefully tonight goes better! yikes.. do you still have monitors for both kids?

Raven said...

awww the transition to the toddler bed. SO been there! It gets better, trust me, I promise. A couple weeks from now, you will look back and laugh. Hopefully :)

Jodi said...

Oh, I've so been there! Sorry! I hope last night was better!