Monday, February 7, 2011

Cartoon Junkie...

I probably shouldn't admit this for the whole world to see....but my Blake LOVES tv. I wouldn't call him a couch potato...because he is very active when he is watching TV, but he gets SO excited to watch his shows!! I know that we are supposed to limit him to an hour or less a day...but lets be honest, sometimes turning on the TV is the only option!

Shows he LOVES right now: Diego, Dora, Little Bear, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Backyardigans, Wonder Pets
Movies he can't get enough of: Shrek (original and the Final Chapter/#4)

It is so funny to watch him when he is watching TV, because he acts it out the whole time. He will do whatever they are doing on TV and just laugh and laugh. When we watched Shrek, he has to hold his little Shrek doll the whole time and mimic the TV. He memorizes what they are saying and talks along with it too!

At least the Nick Jr. and Disney Playhouse shows are all educational...makes me feel a little bit better about letting him have too much "TV time"...







Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

He does look happy! :)

McKayla is very active while watching tv. She jumps around and it drives me crazy! haha

TLF said...

My kids are big into tv also. But it's not like they sit still watching the whole show. Most of the time they are playing and the show is on. Who cares! LOL

Julie S. said...

Brayden is the same way! Wants it on, but is never just glued to it! He has too many toys to sit still! :)

Neely said...

He looks really pumped about the tv!

Kelly said...

He is just too cute!!!
LOVE IT!!!

Brandi said...

Landon has that exact same look when he watches tv.

Jessica said...

SO cute! I think it's totally fine, especially since he's moving around while watching it. I mean, there's not a lot you can do outside this time of year!

Heather said...

The shows you let him watch are actually very education, so he is learning something :).

TheFitHousewife said...

That is too cute! I love that he mimics the characters! Ummm...ya, 1 hour of TV only? Not so much. Some days it's on all day around here (not that they watch it the whole time) but it's a little distraction when mommy needs a time out ;)

Lindsey said...

Cute!! Atleast it keeps him somewhat occupied AND smiling!! =)

Becca said...

What a precious little guy enjoying himself some tv. Autumn is huge into tv too and I really don't mind as long as they are educational. It's when she wants shows like Scooby doo that I cringe. And don't even get me started on the Yo Gabba Gabba love that Aubrey has!

Has Blake seen the new show Bubble Guppies?! My girls LOVE that!